What is Google Adwords?
Google Adwords is the name for Google's Pay per click advertising service. Pay per click is possibly THE most powerful and most important advertising medium available today. Every day MILLIONS of people use Google's search engine to find products and services and pay per click advertising allows you to target people looking for your specific product/service.
When you search for anything in Google you get a list of results, of which the first 1-10 are shown on the left hand side of the first page.
On the right hand side (and often in a yellow box above the other search results) are ‘Sponsored links’ – these are companies who are doing pay per click.
How does it work?
It is called pay per click because you only pay each time someone clicks onto your website from the advert you have placed. You choose which keywords or phrases you want your website to appear for (you can pick as many as you want), and you then bid for those words. To put it (very) simply, the people that bid the most for a keyword or phrase will then have their website shown when someone types that in to Google.
What are the benefits?
There are many:
- Ultimately – it WORKS – it’s the most important online advertising medium, and possibly the most important advertising medium today full stop
- It’s immediate –you can be on page one of Google TODAY
- It’s flexible – you can spend as much or as little as you want to
- It’s measurable – Google Analytics will tell you which keywords are working and which ones aren’t, which campaigns are working and which ones aren’t, which pages your clients are looking at and much, much more
How much does it cost?
You can set your own daily budget and you can set the maximum amount you want to bid per click. The costs per click begin from 4p per click upwards, some search phrases will be as much as £3-4 per click, depending on the popularity of that phrase.
How do JDR help?
Many people will set up and manage Google Adwords accounts for themselves. For many business owners however, they have the following challenges:
- lack of time
- unsure how to start
- unsure how to write the adverts
- unsure how to get the best return on their investment
JDR will take care of the whole process for you, including:
- Account Set-up: We will advise you on the best keywords to target that will give you the best return for your budget, and then set up the account.
- Advert Copywriting: We will write different adverts for different keywords to get the maximum Click Through Rate (CTR) for you.
- Campaign Management: We will optimise your campaigns for maximum effectiveness through an ongoing process of testing different campaigns, keywords and keyword costs.
- Analytics Reviews: We will review your analytics monthly and advise on campaign changes.
Why should I pay for this?
If you are looking at a budget of £100 per month or more, having your account optimised can eliminate wasted money by at least the value of the monthly fee. As well as eliminating wasted money, having better written adverts and a better set up campaign will give you a much better return on your investment, sometimes by 3-4 times. And finally – how much is your time worth? How much time do you have free to manage this process effectively? Is your time better used elsewhere in your business?
How do I get started?
Call our office now on 01332 343281 to talk to us in person and we will get your website onto Google within days!